Sunday, October 23, 2011

Check It Out



Right now I'm reading Sista Let Me Tell Ya, Bruh If Only You Knew. Very good book. One that gets you thinking beyond what you are reading. I'm no major history buff at all, actually I must say I never even liked the subject; then and or now. As I often say reading is FUNDAMENTAL-so as I lay in bed reading I stop, get up and google the infamous Willie Lynch letter: The Making of a Slave. I've heard about this letter but never checked into it, until this morning. I read what came up and it was enough to shed some light on things that our culture face today. I'd be the first to admit that I would say "The Past Is The Past, move on brotha" but reading part of this letter has me with a different attitude. I'm feeling like Spike Lee- "WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!" I wonder if we are traveling backwards instead of forward, if nothing else it sure is a vicious circle. To all my independent ladies we have been the target and a major part of a plan set in motion 300 years ago that is in full affect today. DAMN!!!!! We got punked. Check It Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment