To all the twentysomethings in my life;
1. Ask yourself, What do I want to be doing at 40?
2. Make a plan and work it. You can tweak it along the way.
3. Reach out. You don't have to do it alone. We're here for you.
4. Save a little bit every week, even a single dollar.
5. Don't accept negative things people say about you. If they have an observation, tell them to make it constructive.
6. You are responsible for your actions.
7. Video dancer is not a profession.
8. Be aware of the ways pop culture may try to diminish you.
9. Be patient with people's short comings but not their bad behavior.
10. Know that you can love someone and still walk away.
11. Any job is better than no job. It's not forever. It's merely a stepping-stone.
12. Any man is not better than no man.
13. Men think about sex a lot. What's on your mind?
14. Whatever you dream there is already a Black Woman who has already done it.
15. You can do it, too.