Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Things I'd Take If My Home Caught On Fire

Livin in So. Cal, fires are common. Quite some years ago, the IE experienced a serious set of fires, & families had to evacuate thier homes. When things hit this close to home you always ponder the "What If It Happened To Me?" Yea I thought it, but it was my youngest to ask the question-"Moma what would we take if we had to leave our home?" Ok now like I said I thought about it but had no real plan, but I had to tell my young son something. After seriously thinking about his question I realized that there was to much stuff to Hmm & Haw over. So I decided that the things to go at that time was an extra change of clothes, and our scrapbooks. Yea scrapbooks, I often hear people express regret and hurt over the lost memories, the things you can never get back no matter how much time and money you have. Fast forward to my new interest in blogging I ran across a blog that poses that question and people take pics of their belongings. I challenged myself to do the same in order to really investigate and plan what I would actually take at this point in my life. Of course once my children are out of harms way I've decided that the items I would take are; my purse, laptop, nook, a couple of journals, my ipods, GPS, Levi's, a stash of cash, safe, camera and as many scrapbooks as possible. Of course timing is everything and other factors. This is what I would take if I could. I once read you shouldn't hold onto anything you can't let go of. What would you take?

4 comments:

  1. I would grab family photos and my Hallmark ornaments that I've collected over the years ... that is, if I was of sound enough mind to think of it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy,
    Purse: My iphone, my wallet with cash, credit and debit cards, driver's license and other id cards, my digital camera, keys to safe deposit boxes and post office box ,and a pouch that holds my most valuable pieces of jewellery(this is what i carry in my purse on a regular basis:D)

    Laptop bag: Holds my laptop(w/ all of my pics & videos, i've digitized everything!,My nook color & ipod. Also, i always carry all important official docs in it from my degrees, diplomas, transcripts to my pasport, birth
    certificate etc :)

    They both sit on my night table within easy reach, so i can just grab 'em and run!! and i was really glad for it when the earth shook here in richmond on 8/23/2011 LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, i can't think of those items that I'll be adding to the one other than my self that I'd be thinking about...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this already packed at the door in a fire proof box! My list is impossible!

    ReplyDelete