Sunday, September 16, 2012

OMG! OMG! I'm Pregnant w/MY New Life





Ok, here's the situation. Exactly four months from today, I will be fabulous and fourty. The year I turned 36, I decided to celebrate for 36 days. Turning fourty is a major milestone, especially all that I've recently been through.  So to say the least I'm no longer a little girl or even a young lady. Doing what I can to embrace the next chapter, my new journey I decided to become pregnant. Not with child but with the development and transformation of my own New life.  It takes nine months to bring a new life into existence. I plan to spend the next  nine months in total self care as I would if I was pregnant. This time however will have the 20/20 vision of hinesight. I can eliminate the should & could nots and apply the wisdom that have brought me this far.  I get to skip morning sickness, broken sleep, and cravings. The first part will be spent in reflection and from my birthday until 6/16/13 will be spent in celebration.  From the book 40 Things to Do When You Turn 40 is where this idea originated from, also Kenneth Beer, MD reminds us that  "Taking care of your skin is a lifelong concern and it should top the list of medical precautions at this time in your life.  Well I guess I'm on target, was at the dermatologist this past Wednesday.  So next up is to schedule an appointment for a complete physical. My first day went like this; Up before 8am, remained in bed to read, took my vitamins, juiced, talked on phone, 2.5 hour nap, journaled, grocery shopping, home, cooked & ate dinner, journaled, blogging and soon off to bed. Look out 40, here I come!
 


4 comments:

  1. Love the title! Love the blogv entry...love it! Time is flying...and we need to mkae it all right...
    I was looking in the mirror this evening and I wasn't quite happy with what I saw...need to get back to taking care of self, or how about just beginning to take care of self. Okay..maybe I need to update my blog with this?? Lol,.love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does it say about dermatology my face is a mess and has been for the last 6 years. I went to the doctor and what was prescribed does not seem to be working. I am about to place a call now for a re evaluation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dermatologist is who I've been seeing here lately. Have your primary Dr. reffer you to the derm. Have you tried adjusting your diet? I often juice without changing much of my diet and drink any herbal tea and I often notice that my skin is the first to benefit from the intake. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tricia I had to come up with something and realizing that pregnancy is the time that we take such good care of ourselves for the sake of our babies only to let all that care fall off. Must put us first in order to take care of all who depends on us.

    ReplyDelete